[Koha] Consortia, what's the best way to set them up?

hansbkk at gmail.com hansbkk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 01:25:54 NZDT 2011

Elaine,

Wherever you see in Koha the term "branch", substitute "member
library" in your thinking and planning; I believe it's actually
labeled "library" rather than "branch" in some places, but these refer
to the same fields in the database, which are designed to accommodate
your needs.

In the sysadmin/sysprefs area, there are two different types of
groupings to set up, before you start creating the branch/library
objects in your database. I did a bit of research on their
meaning/purpose, and posted a question to the list, which I've just
now followed up on after not having received an answer. If we still
don't get one, I believe the information I posted is "close enough" to
true, at least from a practical POV. Here's the history in the
archives:

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/library-quot-categories-quot-groups-td3404765.html

Hope this helps a bit to get you started,

Hans