[Koha] RFC: control character in a MARC record?

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Mar 15 12:00:30 NZDT 2011

MJ Ray schreef op ma 14-03-2011 om 14:54 [+0000]:
> Yes, I'm looking for a shortcut, so I'd really like to know if a
> control character should ever be in the record.

We have some libraries with newlines in records, as we had to have a
method of keeping the data from their previous system intact, and this
was the only reasonably effective way. We have a patch (that I sent
upstream, I can't recall if it went in) that formats them with <br /> in
output. I'm not sure if it's strictly legal according to MARC, but it
was necessary.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.