[Koha] Split Call Numbers--Variation

Marty ontariowolf64 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 07:10:57 NZDT 2011

That's kind of surprising, I have been playing around a bit on my test box and for me Library of Congress numbers never seem to get split. They usually come in this format: 917.1/0022/2 which always shows up on my labels as 917.100222 and that is obviously too long.

But you gave me an idea, and when I replace the '/' with a space in the itemcallnumber the numbers obediently split. For me that works with text as well as numbers.
..
I think it would be useful to be able to choose a separator character, something similar as you get when you import csv files in Base or Excel.
(On Koha 3.02.04.000)