[Koha] Cataloging books which doesn't have ISBN etc.,

hansbkk at gmail.com hansbkk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 09:20:47 NZDT 2011

You can of course display a URL in your detail record, which the user
can click on to show the cover image, stored on your own web server or
anywhere else (subject to their use terms of course). I can't imagine
it would take much work to customize an OPAC template to have the
image that URL points to display, but you would need to figure it out
and test it yourself.

I don't know what the developers think of this idea, but personally
I'd add my vote to have such a feature in the mainstream code, as I
hate depending on outside services. Ideally it could be configured to
integrate with the code that handle the outside services, in the sense
of suppressing the use of the latter if there is data in the local-use
MARC subfield specified to contain the URL for local cover images.