[Koha] Is KOHA suitable for Digital Library?

Thomas Krichel krichel at openlib.org
Fri Mar 11 07:59:06 NZDT 2011

  atiqse writes

> I am new to KOHA ILS Solution, Can any body guide me that whether or not to
> use the KOHA ILS in place of digital library requirements?

  Koha is a solution, not a requirement. ;-)

> To what extend can KOHA cater to manage digital contents (PDF and TIFF and
> etc)?

  Out of the box, it's capabilities in this area are poor. You will be
  better of working with repository software such as Eprints, DSpace,
  Fedora Commons, or, for a specialized collection, write your own
  software in-house.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel                    http://openlib.org/home/krichel
                                http://authorclaim.org/profile/pkr1