[Koha] HELP!!! Need RFP specifications

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Tue Mar 8 06:11:41 NZDT 2011

Does *anyone* have any procurement documents that they can share?  Your RFP
or RFQ or RFI....or whatever you used to make a decision about which product
and which vendor/service provider you were going to go with.

I'd love to look over some copies of what has worked for people.  I have my
recommendations but I'd like to see what has actually worked in the field so
I am sure to be steering other libraries in the right direction!

Lori

P.S. If you can share them for their content but you don't want any
"personally-identifying information" shared about your institution, I am
happy to do some scrubbing.  I'd like to come up with a template that people
can use.  And I'd share it with everyone if I can get some help from those
who've gone through it already.

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com>wrote:

> Le 05/03/2011 00:30, Buster a écrit :
> > Because of the costs involved, I'm afraid we are bound by our
> municipality's
> > rules and the regs from our finance department to require an RFP. Believe
> > me, if I could avoid it, I would. However, the RFP is not for the ILS
> > itself. Since it is free, we have downloaded it. No sense in requiring an
> > RFP for something you already own, right?
> Exactly the same things here (in France) : it's perfectly legal to say
> "we have choosen Koha and are looking for a company that can help us
> migrating, training,...
> It makes RFP much simpler : no need to explain what you need as
> features, you just have to say "i'm on ILS-A today, and need someone
> that is experienced in migrating from ILS-A to Koha". It can be very
> easy & short !
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Paul POULAIN
> http://www.biblibre.com
> Expert en Logiciels Libres pour l'info-doc
> Tel : (33) 4 91 81 35 08

Lori Bowen Ayre // Library Technology Consultant
The Galecia Group // www.galecia.com
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling