[Koha] bulk BiblioAddsAuthorities?

Marilen Corciovei marilen.corciovei at nemesisit.ro
Mon Mar 7 22:38:50 NZDT 2011

Hello Pete,

I don't know if you solved your problem yet but I had a similar problem
this weekend which I solved somehow. This is my solution. I wanted to
import both authorities and biblios and then link them. Note that I was
importing from a system which already had the link in the form of an id
stored in 200 at 6. First I imported authorities. I wrote a script which
parsed the marc for the authorities and stored the old id in a field
(900 at 6) before importing. Then, after the import I wrote another script
which parsed the marc for biblios, connected to the db to get the newid
(something like: select authid newid, marcxml from auth_
header where
extractvalue(marcxml,'//datafield[\@tag=900]/subfield[\@code=6]') =
'$aid'", actually I created a temp table to store the association for
speed). I stored the newauthid from koha in the 9 subfield of the auth
linked field. Upon import of biblios the link was present and working.
If you don't have the id you can probably still perform a per name search.

Regards,
Len
www.len.ro