[Koha] cron jobs under Debian koha-common & koha-create

hansbkk at gmail.com hansbkk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 16:44:00 NZDT 2011

Thanks to you both for helping cut down on the detective work.

Since there are many places in the various doc sources that talk about
enabling cron jobs, perhaps a section in the README.debian or the
relevant wiki with a bit more implementation detail would be helpful
to noobs like me.

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Robin Sheat <robin at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
>> After setting Authorities, I checked the system preferences'
>> "dontmerge" and I saw the note about "ask your administrator to enable
>> the merge_authorities.pl cronjob" (I wish I had an administrator 8-)
>
> I don't think that the packages enable that task. It's probably
> something they should do.

Robin, whether or not merge_authorities.pl (and perhaps others) should
be cron'd or not depends on that particular dontmerge sysprep setting.
I believe it is set to "Don't automatically update attached biblios"
by default. Therefore I agree that the merge_authorities.pl should be
enabled by the packages.

I will try to figure out and take notes on:

1. how to set it up in cron using the same methods as the package
2. how to verify it is actually working

I'll also keep my eyes open for another useful cronjob that
**shouldn't** be enabled by default by the packaging and do the same,
so that could perhaps be used as a walk-through example for the docs.