[Koha] online card apps in Koha

Sue McMillan sue.mcmillan at STDC.govt.nz
Thu Jun 30 15:40:47 NZST 2011

Hello everyone, South Taranaki District Libraries would also be interested for this to be developed.  What we had in mind was a customer could join via the OPAC and be assigned a temporary number.  This would allow them to reserve items.  When the items were ready for pick up they new customer would come into the library with their identification and the membership application would be completed and the requested item handed over.

Regards

Susan McMillan
Acquisitions and Systems Librarian
South Taranaki District Libraries
06 278 0555 or freecall 0800 111 323 ext 8706
,sue.mcmillan at stdc.govt.nz
http//:www.southtaranaki.com

From: koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz [mailto:koha-bounces at lists.katipo.co.nz] On Behalf Of Joann Ransom
Sent: Thursday, 30 June 2011 9:08 a.m.
To: Crockett, John
Cc: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Subject: Re: [Koha] online card apps in Koha

Oh this sounds exactly like what I'm pining for :)

2011/6/30 Crockett, John <JCrockett at washoecounty.us<mailto:JCrockett at washoecounty.us>>

Hello All,

Are any libraires using a realtime online library card application process?  At Washoe County Library System we will migrate to Koha later this year.  We would like patrons to fill out library card applications at a self-service computer station and then immediately present verification of residency to receive their card.  Any experience with form building programs or anything else?  Thanks for your input.

John Crockett
Internet Librarian
www.washoecountylibrary.us<http://www.washoecountylibrary.us>
775-327-8364, c-775-846-4581

Joann Ransom RLIANZA
Head of Libraries,
Horowhenua Library Trust.

privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy
any
copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other
than the intended recipient is unauthorised and may be illegal. Please
note that this communication does not designate an information system
for the purposes of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002.

The Council has upgraded to Microsoft office 2007 suite. This may mean you cannot open attachments if you have older versions of office. <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941B3470-3AE9-4AEE-8F43-C6BB74CD1466&displaylang=en"> Click here to access Microsoft Office 2007's compatibility website.<a/>