[Koha] CFParticipation: SIP 3 draft up for voting

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Jun 29 00:22:46 NZST 2011

As you may know, Galen and myself were invited to discuss the SIP 3
draft that 3M are preparing.  SIP is the Standard Interchange Protocol
(also called Standard Interface Protocol or Self-Issue Protocol in
some documentation), used for connecting issuing terminals (or
whatever) to Koha or other Library Management Systems.

A draft has now been sent for us to vote on.  We can agree, agree with
comments or disagree with comments (or fail to vote ;-) )

If you have particular questions about things that caused you problems
with SIP 2 and you think should be fixed in SIP 3, please ask me and
I'll try to find the answer.  If you'd like a general list of the
changes or sight of the draft, let me know and I'll see what I can
share under the various agreements I've made to see SIP 3.

Of course, I hope that it'll be freely shareable once it's agreed,
but I'd like it to be drafted as well as it can be before that.

Hope that helps,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work through http://www.software.coop/