[Koha] Koha 3.4 on Ubuntu

Mahesh T Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:15:36 NZST 2011

ajesh at maxenna.com writes:

 > Initially I added the following lines to ports.conf.
>
 > Listen 80
 > Listen 8080
 > NameVirtualHost*:80
 > NameVirtualHost*:8080

"NameVirtualHost" is not configuration to be set in ports.conf

It should be set in koha-httpd.conf; and the installer would have done
it for you.

 > libyaz3 = (none)
 > libyaz3-dev = (none)
 > But in Synaptic package manager I can see that libyaz4 is installed.
 > **********************

Dunno about Ubuntu, but in Debian testing, things seem to work (as in
dpkg/apt works, and no errors in koha-error_log or syslog) with
libyaz4. (How do I know if koha has a problem?)

Guess this is a misdefined dependency, and there is something about this
in http://bugs.koha-community.org/

 > 2)
 > **********************
 > Also on running
 >  >> sudo make install
 > I got the message
 >   Warning: prerequisite CGI::Session::Driver::memcached 0.04 not found.

This should not be a problem - memcached is used only be certain
flavours of apache - especially on Debian (should be that way in Ubuntu
too).

For example, for me, "aptitude install apache2" installed
apache2-mpm-worker, and that would use memcache; but not by other
flavours of the apache server - like apache2-mpm-prefork.

 > So I executed the command
 >  >> sudo cpan CGI::Session::Driver::memcached
 > at that time(ie after  sudo make install)
>
 >   I believe I am close to getting Koha installed, but still few
 > doubts.

See above

Note for others:-

I would certainly appreciate if the dependencies were grouped by
"absolutely required"; and "X is required if you enable (or want
functionality kX) kX", where kX is an option within Koha.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||