[Koha] help - domains

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 05:27:09 NZST 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:49 PM, MJ Ray <mjr at phonecoop.coop> wrote:
> Jonson philip
>> i have 2 domains for  ( opac - admin ) i want to make the admin domain open
>> the intranet  not ( opac domain:8080 ) i configur sites enabled koha in
>> apache with IP and server name in opac and intranet but admin domain opeing
>> opac  why ?  any help

Your default setup should have set name-based virtualhosts in your
apache. You say you access your staff interface so, apache2 it is
reading your configs.

You should have two sections in your koha-httpd.conf file. Each surrounded by

<VirtualHost something:80></VirtualHost>
and
<VirtualHost perhapsothersomething:8080></VirtualHost>

Both should read something like this (if you're not running any other
virtualhost there you won't be messing anything):

<VirtualHost *:80></VirtualHost>

In the

    ServerName  something
or
    ServerName perhapsothersomething:8080

you should replace the rightmost part with your domain name (for opac
and intranet interfaces respectively). For example I use

       ServerName ffyh.biblio.unc.edu.ar
for the opac's virtualhost definition, and
       ServerName ffyh.biblioadmin.unc.edu.ar
for the intranet.

As said, it's Apache stuff, not specifically Koha's, but I think it
should be cleared out for our non-tech users.

Regards
To+