[Koha] Brand new koha installation

libhunter java.rab at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 04:53:23 NZST 2011

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to say I am a complete beginner on these forums
and also with koha itself.

I have been tasked with setting up a brand new koha installation. I am
wondering what is the best way to migrate my data from an in-house custom
database to the newly installed koha application.

I was thinking to export from the databse, to MARC format and do a bulk
import of the records. I was also considering just running the import off
the ISBN numbers and performing some data cleansing by looking up the MARC
details using some cataloging service. Maybe I am being naive.

I would appreciate any helpful direction in order to set me off on the
correct path from the outset.

Many thanks,
Robert