[Koha] Customisation in Staff Clinet Interface of Koha (Owen Leonard)

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Jun 2 02:01:22 NZST 2011

> 1. Can we have individual OPAC for each library, with customized interface?

There is a poorly-documented feature which allows this. I found this
in the list archive:

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 5:10 AM, savitra sirohi
<savitra.sirohi at osslabs.biz> wrote:
> Anselm/Nicole,
>
> In the default koha-httpd.conf file you should see these lines:
>
> #  Repeat this virtualhost stanza changing the following environment vars to
> #  create multiple OPAC interfaces with custom css and/or search limits:
> #  SetEnv OPAC_CSS_OVERRIDE mystyle.css
> #  SetEnv OPAC_SEARCH_LIMIT branch:CODE
> #  SetEnv OPAC_LIMIT_OVERRIDE 1
>
> So what you need to do is:
> Create a Apache2 virtual host for each sub-domain or library, e.g.
> library-1.yourkoha.org. In each Apache2 virtual host, repeat the
> stanza above, don't forget to remove the #.
>
> Create a css file for each branch and save in your
> /koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/prog/en/css/ folder.
>
> In the lines above replace "mystyle.css" with the name of the css
> file. Replace CODE with the branch code of the particular library.
>
> Thanks,
> Savitra Sirohi
> Nucsoft OSS Labs
> http://www.osslabs.biz

> 2. Regarding the staff interface of the koha
>        a. can we do merging two different modules into single module?

As far as I can tell the only way to do this would be to edit the
template files (*.tt). This is easily done but difficult to maintain
across Koha upgrades. If you choose this option I recommend doing it
as part of a dev install of Koha from a git repo. Keep your
customizations in a separate git branch.

>        b. can we have customized icon instead of text based hyperlink?

This sounds like something you could do with CSS if the link in
question can be properly targeted. It's something you'll have to
research for yourself since it's not something built into Koha
already.

> Subject: Koha Digest, Vol 67, Issue 81

In the future please do not quote the entire digest in your reply.

Thanks,

  Owen

--
Web Developer