[Koha] Data Migration from Excel to Koha

Koustubha Kale kmkale at anantcorp.com
Wed Jun 1 22:15:23 NZST 2011

2011/6/1 R Sunil Kumar <Sunil.kumar at ecoleglobal.com>

> Dear All,
>

> Can anybody please send me the step by step process of data migration from
> Excel to Koha. I have already installed and downloaded the MARCEdit 5.5, but
> during the process of uploading the MARC format database, it says books not
> available in the library.
>

> Please advice.
>

> Thanks and Regards
>

> R Sunil Kumar

Its been discussed on the koha mailing lists many times. I think there is an
article on it in the wiki. Atleast used to be as I had put it in the old
ko.org wiki.
But here are a couple of links to the old mails

http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2009-February/017107.html
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2010-December/026750.html

Watch out for 952 tags as Koha's Itekm details are in there. That includes
the item type, branch and barcode among others.

Regards,
Koustubha Kale
Anant Corporation

Contact Details :
Address  : 103, Armaan Residency, R. W Sawant Road, Nr. Golden Dyes Naka,
Thane (w),
                Maharashtra, India, Pin : 400601.
TeleFax  : +91-22-21720108, +91-22-21720109
Mobile     : +919820715876
Website  : http://www.anantcorp.com
Blog : http://www.anantcorp.com/blog/?author=2