[Koha] barcodes not visible in OPAC

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Wed Jun 1 00:38:38 NZST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 6:29 AM, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz> wrote:
> I can't recall barcodes showing in the OPAC except when placing a hold
> (they show there in 3.4.1) but I could be mistaken.

I agree with Chris. I don't think barcodes have ever shown on the OPAC
detail page.

>> The MARC framework is set to display barcodes (952p) in the OPAC. But
>> they don't appear anywhere.

The options for hiding and showing data in the OPAC based on the
"hidden" setting in the MARC framework is limited to the MARC view in
the OPAC, and even then I don't think it applies to item information.
Sorry, I know that is not made clear by the help file.

>> Barcodes are critical in our library as a means of differentiation
>> between multiple (sometimes annotated) copies shelved in different
>> locations.

Sounds like a job for shelving locations?

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer
Athens County Public Libraries