[Koha] Tuning

Angela.Secrest angela.secrest at hccs.edu
Tue Jul 26 23:24:29 NZST 2011

Good morning, y’all.

We are running Koha on a non-public server over Solaris 10. Here’s our basic info:

Koha version:

3.02.10.000

OS version ('uname -a'):

SunOS biblio 5.10 Generic_127111-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245

Perl interpreter:

/opt/csw/bin/perl

Perl version:

5.010001

Even with only 2500 bib records loaded, the system is slow. I’ve tried most of the tuning suggestions posted on the list and others -- nothing has made any difference to response time. We are experiencing 15-20 seconds wait time for our search results. The log files show nothing unusual. The only thing I haven’t done is load the perl modules into httpd.conf. I am loading mod_perl.

We will have to abandon our attempt at the installation if we can’t speed things up.

So I have two questions.

1.       Can anyone recommend third party support with Solaris/Koha (we are a Solaris shop, so our techs are looking at the Solaris part – our other library systems are fine).

2.       Any Solaris sites out there who can recommend additional Solaris-specific tweaks?

TIA!

Best regards,
Angela

Angela K. Secrest
Director, Library/LRC Support
Houston Community College
Phone: 713.718.7592
Web: http://library.hccs.edu/
Follow: twitter/HCCLibraries

This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this email is strictly prohibited.