[Koha] KOHA holdings/barcode problems

Margaret Matthews mamatthews at hughes.net
Sat Jul 23 03:55:14 NZST 2011

Good morning somewhere in the world!!

I am having several problems that I hope someone can help me with.  We are running 3.02.7

I cannot run barcodes-  this is due to not one of the 2600 records I have loaded saying they have any holdings - in the past I have not had this problem and ran barcodes for over 2000 of our 2600 records.  when I search - the record is there with all the information but no holdings, if there are no holdings -barcodes, checking in and out of the books won't work.  when I go into a record in the cataloging area and pull up a record - all the information is there but when I go to edit it the edit screen comes up and it is totally empty and library name (as if I had not set the "no-library set"and I have set it) is wrong and when I fill edit page out again with the same information and save changes I get an error message.    I download from LC, edit biblio if needed, then "save and edit holdings", fill out local holdings (edit) and then save.  there are no holdings now for all the records in the database -I had some before-what am I doing wrong or missing?  I don't understand why all the holdings are gone.

another question deals with the rebuilding of the database.  i see lots of questions and comments about zebra_rebuild.  some of them have it programed to run every 15-30-45 minute intervals.    I am wondering if this could be part of the problem.  it rebuilds the collection, merges like bibliographies, cleans up the database, and I am wondering if it adds the holdings to the database?  I am not sure when ours run or if this is a problem I need to worry about.   I am very frustrated.

thanks in advance!!
margaret