[Koha] How to extract tag 050 data only in marcxml field from biblioitems table

Yohannes Mulugeta yohannesmulu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 02:22:42 NZST 2011

Dear folks,

I'm using Koha ver 3.2. I want to extract the Title, Author,
itemcallnumber, (LC call no.), barcode, holdingbranch directly from
mySQL tables. But the itemcallnumber field is empty. The call number
is available in the marcxml and marc field in biblioitems table.

After migrating the bibliographic records from verion 2.4 to the Koha
2.9 and then Koha 3.2, the classification field which we used to store
our call number is not available in the current biblioitems table.

So, is there a way to select the call number data (tag 050) only from
marcxml or marc field in the biblioitem table. Becuase most of our
call number were stored in the older version of Koha,
classification.biblioitems, are not available in Koha version 3.2. As
a result the itemcallnumber field is almost empty.

Any help please.

Yohannes Mulugeta
Addis Ababa University Libraries