[Koha] How to connect to opac through internet

Mahesh T Pai paivakil at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 15:31:26 NZST 2011

tanzeem <tanzeem.mb at gmail.com> writes:

 > I want my Koha opac users to access the application through
 > internet.What are the steps to do for that

This is basically a networkign issue.

Set up your network to point towards the machine running koha.

In koha-httpd.conf, set the serveralias line to the name you want for
the opac client. (example - "catalog.library"). Set up the "virtualhost"
paramater to "*:80" (again, discreetion of system administrator -
"ip.add.ess:80 will do just fine, but the machine should have the same
IP address). This makes apache serve any request for pages from the URL
http://catalog.library from this machine.

Set up DNS services on the LAN to point to the machine running koha.