[Koha] Is anyone importing Safari Books Online or Books24x7 content into Koha?

Nicole Engard nengard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 23:35:20 NZST 2011

David,

I don't know if anyone is importing them, but I can say that if the MARC
records you get from Safari do not have 952 fields (item records) then they
will say 'not available' on the search results, but also show a link to the
online version.  There is a bug/enhancement request related to this that
asks to no say 'not available' if there is a link (856 field), but I'm not
sure of its status at this time.

As for what that link reads, you can ask Safari what values they put in the
856 field and if they have a value in the subfield 3, y, or x that's the
value that will show.

Hope that helps a little.

Nicole C. Engard