[Koha] Global bug squashing day #2 - 1 short summary and 2 questions

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Sat Jul 9 22:56:48 NZST 2011

Dear Community!

GBSD#2 should now be finnished in all timezones (I think), and here
are some of the results:

Does not apply 	63 	-> 38
Failed QA 	 	53 	-> 57
Needs Signoff 	50 	-> 53
Passed QA 	1 	-> 8
Signed Off 	90 	-> 94

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/2011-07-08_Global_bug_squashing_day#Numbers

Now that actually looks less impressive than it is. A lot of bugs were
moved from "Does not apply" to "Needs signoff" (hence the increase in
"Needs signoff), and some were moved from "Signed off" to "Passed QA"
etc. See the link above for some "snapshots" taken during the day.

This page:
http://bugs.koha-community.org/cgi-bin/progress.pl
shows 44 bugs changing status on 2011-07-07 and 2011-07-08.

And as Paul has already said somewhere else, a lot of work was also
put into organizing RFCs on the wiki:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:RFC_Status

All in all, a productive day for Koha, I think!

A couple of questions:

* BibLibre are having "community days" every other Friday (as far as I
have heard). Should there be GBSDs to coincide with every one of
these, or is every other enough (= GBSD every 4 weeks)?
(I think for me personally dedicating 1 day every 4 weeks to this
stuff is probably the best I can do at the moment, but others might
see it differently.)

* Is Friday the best day for GBSDs?
(I know I personally want to make pizza and be around the wife and the
dogs when Friday afternoon comes around, whereas on another weekday it
might be easier to get some work done after dinner. Whaddaya think?)

Best regards,
Magnus Enger