[Koha] newbie: items from Follet export

Nigel Barker tech at hiroshima-is.ac.jp
Mon Jul 4 20:22:48 NZST 2011

On 4 July 2011 13:55, Nigel Barker <tech at hiroshima-is.ac.jp> wrote:

> In cataloguing/circulation, however, the barcodes don't work  (barcode
> not found). When I search by title and select the record, I can see
> item details, including the barcodes. From here I can delete an item,
> but when I do that, the other copies are also deleted! If I try to
> edit an item, I get this error:
>
> "Can't call method "subfield" on an undefined value at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/cataloguing/additem.pl line 607."
>
> I can edit the books I added by hand, just not the ones from the Follet import.

It seems the subfields in question are 952 a and b. I had them firstly
populated with the code of a previous test library, and then today
with the name, not the code (stupidly used abbreviation for my test
library name that was similar to but not equal to the code.)

So now I have working marc import, complete with items!

Next challenge is to do that in bulk, but at least I know what I'm doing now.

Thanks again for pointing me to the right places, and sorry again for
solving my problem shortly after posting it!

nigel