[Koha] Koha - insecure = off

Fred Pierre fred.pierre at smfpl.org
Sat Jul 2 04:45:36 NZST 2011

We did get it working again by restoring the database to an earlier copy. Of
course that meant re-updating, and re-indexing, so it took a while.

Upon restarting the Koha staff client we did get a login screen (Hurray!),
and we were able to log in under our regular password. However in the System
Preferences the insecure setting was still flagged to "Allow staff to access
the staff client without logging in," indicating that the change had
propagated beyond the Koha MySQL database. I reset the "insecure" setting to
"Do not Allow" (that's 3.2 - in 3.0 it is a "No" radio button).

Because insecure mode does not allow a log in, you cannot specify a library,
add patrons or add items, so I don't see any value in this setting for Koha,
and I hope it is removed in the future.