[Koha] Items migration along with records

M. Brooke Helman abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 11:58:46 NZDT 2011

Salvete!

       I think Nitesh might know that. What I think is missing is the answer to
the question of

How does one take comma separated values related to the 952 and ensure that they
are properly linked in a quick fashion?

       I never needed to use MarcEdit for that, but I don't think that the
answer might be solely limited to that tool.

Cheers,
Brooke

> 1. Importance of ILS in a Library -- by Mr. XYZ and all bibliographic
> records.

>  a. it may have multiple items with barcodes 2312, 342, 2346 and so on.

> from marcedit, we can just edit the fields, in this case if we keep
> all the items then it will have multiple record, won;t it?  we can get
> the either the items with all the bibliographic records or just the
> records with 1 item. how can we get items in a form that is ready for
> migration?  do we need to do that manually one by one? or is there any
> "regex" that makes this possible. I am new to "regex" so cannot have
> good hold of it.

952 is a repeatable field. You just need to have several 952 fields for
each biblio record, one per item. For example, if you get 1 biblio
record with 3 linked items, you need to import 1 biblio record having 3
952 fields.