[Koha] Duplicate authorities on dataload

Mike McCormack mike at oslo.ie
Fri Jan 28 03:34:49 NZDT 2011

Hi all,

I am converting some bibs and authorities from another system into koha and I have ended up with duplicate authorities on the koha database. I wonder if someone could point out where I went wrong or if koha is behaving as designed:
Here are the steps I followed:

1.      Loaded a file of 6,500 Marc Bib records using bulkmarcimport.pl
2.      Rebuilt the Zebra index -b
3.      Loaded a file of Authorities using bulkmarcimport.pl – As an example, this file contains 6 authority records for “Pullman, Philip”
4.      Rebuilt the Zebra index -a
5.      Ran link_bibs_to_authorities.pl
6.      When I check the personal name authorities there are 6 “Pullman, Philip” entries, all linked to 0 bibs

Do I have to dedup the authority file before I import it (not an easy task)?

Any help would be appreciated

Mike