[Koha] Koha - migration of cataloging history

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Tue Jan 25 04:47:27 NZDT 2011

  Everyone,
So far I've figured out how to migrate the records, the patrons, and the
circulation history from our current records into Koha. Now I'm looking
into if/how to migrate a least part of the cataloging history.  After
discussions here, it sounds as if what we would most like to maintain,
if possible,  is the name/date of the original cataloger who added the
record (most of our records are original cataloging) and the cataloger
and date when the records was last modified.  Before I get too deep into
this, I was wondering if anyone else has attempted this or something
similar and/or what insights the list might could give me on the
feasibility of doing such a thing. I've looked at the action_logs table,
and it looks doable to me, but I wasn't sure whether this is an
acceptable method of keeping this information or  if would I break
something.

Thanks in advance.

Linda Culberson			lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division