[Koha] About KohaCon 2011 - ideas & thoughs

Koustubha Kale kmkale at anantcorp.com
Tue Jan 25 02:19:54 NZDT 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com> wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> I don't know for others, but travelling the world to go at the
> conference is a big investment.
> Having 3 days for the "user" part of the conference is enough.
> In 2006, in France, for the 1st KohaCon, that I organized, we had a full
> week for the developers. In 2009 we had only 3 days, same in 2010.
>
> I definetly think it was too short to have only 3 days for the developer
> part of the conference. We have to deal with teaching new developers how
> to get involved, experienced devs want to hack, some want to share ideas
> for the future.
> So I suggest to have more than just 3 days for the hack-fest. A full
> week may seems long, but I think it's the good timing !
>
> It does not mean a decision must be taken immediatly, but I think the
> poll should reflect how possible it is to have more time.
>
> PS : and the idea to have a day off between conf & hack fest is
> definetly a good one !!!
>
> --
> Paul POULAIN

I am not sure people can commit a full week for HackFest, but at VPM,
Thane, we should have no problem extending the hackfest. Plenty of
space during Diwali holidays.

Regards,
Koustubha Kale
Anant Corporation

Contact Details :
Address  : 103, Armaan Residency, R. W Sawant Road, Nr. Golden Dyes
Naka, Thane (w),
                Maharashtra, India, Pin : 400601.
TeleFax  : +91-22-21720108, +91-22-21720109
Mobile     : +919820715876
Website  : http://www.anantcorp.com
Blog : http://www.anantcorp.com/blog/?author=2