[Koha] Fwd: Conference bids?

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Sat Jan 22 04:27:30 NZDT 2011

It might be nice to not only have the offers all in one place but to arrange
them in a grid so that we can compare the relative strengths and weaknesses
of each proposal. It might be nice to have some factors that we know come
into play when selecting locations, for example:

Travel Considerations (nearby international airport or is big land journey
required, cost to fly there from various places)

Weather (hurricanes or other scary things likely this time of year?)

Koha Activity in Region (how will this benefit region, how will it benefit
community)

Conference Site (space has 3-4 meeting rooms plus ballroom available,
Internet and wireless available throughout)

Accommodations (enough rooms, acceptable options for varied needs)

I'd set something up but my wiki skills are not up to par.

Lor

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Nicole Engard <nengard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to see a poll of some sort with locations and proposed dates
> all in one place so that voting is easier.
>
> Nicole
>
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Paul Poulain
> <paul.poulain at biblibre.com> wrote:
> > Le 20/01/2011 17:02, Lori Bowen Ayre a écrit :
> >> I'm in favor of KohaCon in India too.  Or Pakistan.  Seems like a lot
> >> going on there with Koha.  I'll hold off on Petaluma as a serious
> >> proposal for a few more years.... ;)
> > +1 for India. It would be awesome to have a conf in Asia !
> >
> > --
> > Paul POULAIN
> > http://www.biblibre.com
> > Expert en Logiciels Libres pour l'info-doc
> > Tel : (33) 4 91 81 35 08

Lori Bowen Ayre // Library Technology Consultant
The Galecia Group // www.galecia.com
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in open source ILS solutions, RFID,
filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling