[Koha] Mysql 5.1 with Debian Lenny

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Jan 22 04:24:22 NZDT 2011

Yitzchak Schaffer wrote:
> On 2011-01-21 09:58, Stefano Bargioni wrote:
> > The stable release of Debian is 5.0 Lenny.
> > It installs Mysql 5.0, which doesn't include XML functions like ExtractValue.
> > Since I'm very interested in XML functions, I'd like to know if anybody upgraded Mysql to 5.1, from scratch or from apt-get using alternative sw sources.
>
> I haven't, but there's a straightfwd tut at
> http://www.bytetouch.com/blog/linux/how-to-mysql-5-1-and-php-5-3-on-debian-lenny/

That instructs you to add dotdeb.org as a package source.
Who are they and what are their policies?

I think it would be better to get mysql-server-5.1 from backports.org
using the instructions at http://backports.debian.org/Instructions/

Either way, take care to watch mysql announcements because both sets
of packages are outside debian security support.

Hope that helps,
Past Koha Release Manager (2.0), LMS programmer, statistician, webmaster.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha