[Koha] Fail searching barcode from advanced search in staff client

Vimal Kumar vimal0212 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:45:10 NZDT 2011

Dear Friends,

I noticed a problem with search using barcode.
I tried to find barcode  (Accession Number) of a particular book from
I selected barcode in search field, and entered barcode.
I didnt got the proper result.

I searched for barcode 50 , it result the books with barcode 5 , 500, 5000,
50000 .

How can we precise the barcode search result?

Another thing is,

In version 3.00, from search result, all books barcode will display.
It is to identify barcode of the book without go to detailed description.
See the screenshot.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/v8clRxcnI4iWHldI_thC1Q?feat=directlink

In version 3.02, barcode not display in search result.
To see the barcode we have to click on individual record.

Regards,

--
Vimal Kumar V.
Mahatma Gandhi University Library