[Koha] Indexing guide

Yitzchak Schaffer yitzchak.schaffer at gmx.com
Tue Jan 18 07:39:28 NZDT 2011

Hello all,

 I am new to Koha. I have a test installation running on Ubuntu; everything seems fine.

 I am a bit lost in trying to wrap my mind around the indexing configuration. Firstly, I came to this because I want to set a particular MARC field (035$a) as a match point for bib import. It seems to me that I need to adjust the indexing to do this, but I am not clear on how to manipulate the three Zebra config files mentioned in the manual.

 Is it in fact necessary to adjust indexing to create a new match point? And in any case, are there any tutorials available for indexing configuration?

 Thank you very much,

 --
 Yitzchak Schaffer
 Systems Manager