[Koha] barcode printing and catalogue homepage make-up

alen vodopijevec alen at irb.hr
Mon Jan 17 13:35:37 NZDT 2011

Dear list,

there are two "utilities" that we would like to share. We use them
internally but maybe someone else will find them useful.

*1. Koha barcode to PDF*
Generate PDF-s containing item barcodes. We use ordinary laser printer for
printing labels on A4 paper. You can easily customize application for any
paper and label format. Additionally, there is form for filtering records
(by patron, callnumber, barcode) with few other parameters concerning
paper saving issues :).

Get it from: https://github.com/alenkovich/Koha-barcode-to-PDF

*2. Book covers on catalogue homepage*
Script generates html (full html page or just <table>) with recently
acquired books for inclusion into your existing web pages. It uses Koha
table "aqorders" for getting newest biblios. We run it from cron every few
minutes to avoid possible unnecessary database load. Generated content is
then shown on our Koha catalogue homepage and Library home.

Get it from: https://github.com/alenkovich/Koha-recently-acquired-books

We also have one "very ugly" perl script as an example for ISIS(unimarc)
to Koha(marc21) conversion but I'll push the code on github as soon as I
catch some spare time to clean it a little bit.

Regards,
alen
--
Rudjer Boskovic Institute