[Koha] skipping versions

Jay Brooks jhbrooks at comcast.net
Sun Jan 16 14:26:20 NZDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm new to Koha and have very little "command line" OS experience. Uh oh!
Thankfully, I have a friend who's great at this stuff.

Anyway, we have a small inventory of library books (9,000) at a single
private school here in Ann Arbor, Michigan. None of us are library admins so
setting the up system in the first place (several years ago now) was quite a
trick, I'm told. Now we want to change servers as our existing host is
moving on to other interests. So we need to start with a new server and
migrate the data there (this time inside the school).  To do that we've
installed VirtualBox on a Mac Pro and used Kyle Hall's ready-to-go virtual
disks to get setup. All is well but we got struck trying to get the existing
sql database moved into place. We were running into some password conflicts
but think we can sort that out. My question now is will a Koha 3.0 (3.1?)
database work fine with version 3.2? Or is it necessary to upgrade the
existing system to 3.2 before attempting to migrate the data?

Thanks. Jay