[Koha] Z39.5 error

mus mustaqeemabd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 21:25:29 NZDT 2011

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/file/n3339398/z395_error.png

Hello everbody, I would like to ask for your help for my problem about KOHA
used in my library. For your information, my koha version is 2.29 and
running on linux OS n mysql. Lately, I face problem with z.39.5 searching. I
got error like picture above when I try to search for record for example in
z3950.loc.gov, in log it say premature end of script. After searching for
possible factors, it show that it should be port to the servers has been
blocked. so, I forward this case to my network administrator and he open all
port, then it is ok. But a few days after, the problem coming back, but this
time not a few port that error to connect, but this time all of it..But this
error is not consistently happen mean sometime the function is ok..Usually
this problem happen at morning and after a few hours, the function is ok.
sometime there is no error for a day and sometime the error come for the
whole day. Again, I forward this probrem to my NA, but this time he say all
port has been allowed and nothing wrong with network configuration. And he
suggest that the problem is coming from KOHA script that maybe doing telnet
to the z39.5 servers too frequently that caused KOHA IP address was blocked
for a while, he also stated that the traffic from KOHA server is too high
reaching 12 TB eventhough there is not so many staff use it. It is right
about it? I would like to ask for your opinion and help about this problem.

Thank you for your attention.. I really hope that I can fine the exact
factor of this error.