[Koha] Still cannot save edited patron info

Marty ontariowolf64 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 10:11:38 NZDT 2011

Oy vey, I hate it when I seem to have a unique problem...
I have been trying everything I could think of to be able to change my patron info in Koha.I can enter new patrons without problems. However, I cannot save changed in Koha.I can go into a patron's account and change anything I want, but when I save all info is left unchanged.
I can go into the database and use the UPDATE table SET etc. command, and that works.Obviously that is only a temporary solution.
I tried upgrading (now on 3.02.02.000), deleting the database and recreating it and reentering the data in mysql, and some other things I cannot remember anymore.
The only thing I can think of is that maybe I am missing info in some table or another as I've had problems upgrading from an earlier version and the cataloguing page disappeared which I solved by doing a selective backup and restore, and I might have lost some vital information there maybe. But I haven't the foggiest which table that could be and if that is the actual problem.
Also, the checkout history always returns 'title' has never been checked out and the reading record is always empty, not sure whether that might be related somehow.
Below is part of the apache error log; with the errors it throws when I want to save changes to a patron.
[Wed Jan 12 10:04:11 2011] memberentry.pl: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3 at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/SQLHelper.pm line 175.
I hope somebody will have some bright idea, because I'm out of ideas.
Thanks,
Marty