[Koha] non-latin script / unicode problem

Irakli Garibashvili igar at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 22:42:23 NZDT 2011

Hi!

We are using Koha 3.0 (Marc21, Nozebra) and it looks like fields for items
have some problems with Georgian script:

I am not sure what is the reason for this problem but

data entry (in Georgian script - in UTF-8) for the fields like CallNumb,
copynumber, (notes??),.. in some cases result in corrupted text.

I have found that some records in nozebra index  and XML also contain
similar corrupted texts.

I am not quite sure how to explain what exactly is corrupted in this text,
but it looks like I see each bit of UTF-8 separately, which must be an
indication, that character conversion goes wrong for these fields/tables.

I have checked MySQL structure - all appropriate fields have UTF8_general
collation... (so this must be correct)

Problem with perl codes? Where?

Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance,