[Koha] Koha license upgrade ballot design

Thomas Dukleth kohalist at agogme.com
Tue Jan 11 11:55:27 NZDT 2011

Reply inline

On Mon, January 10, 2011 21:30, Reed Wade wrote:

[...]

> Being raised in the US and now living in NZ it's all the more clear to
> me that I was lied to when they told me the US was a perfect
> representational voting paradise.

Fortunately, we have an easier time adopting a good model in our own
community than we would have trying to reform society at large.

[...]

> My unstated presumption there is is that the case of wanting AGPL but
> not wanting GPL3 if AGPL wasn't accepted is oddball enough that it
> made no sense to worry with. (Do you like cake or cake w/ icing? No, I
> demand cake with icing but without the cake. (Not a perfect analogy.))

If the ballot would be about cake and icing, the voters might be less
vulnerable to confusion.  The humour in the construction of your analogy
serves it well.

[...]

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme