[Koha] Odd display in search results

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Wed Jan 5 03:02:32 NZDT 2011

Koha 3.2.2 in the staff interface
I was running a search using two terms and the 'or' operator.
The search performed as expected.  However, as we have highlight
search results turned on, it highlighted 'or'.  Not just 'or' on its
own, but any instance of those two letters in that sequence
(for instance the 'or' in Cranford).
It does the same in the OPAC

It's not a real serious problem. It doesn't actually search on 'or',
it just highlights it.  But it certainly looks strange and may be
confusing to some users.
I wonder how hard it would be to limit the highlighting to the actual
text entered into the search box, so the Boolean operators would not
be highlighted.

--
Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler