[Koha] Editing library code

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Tue Jan 4 11:24:24 NZDT 2011

At 09:23 AM 1/4/2011 +1300, you wrote:
>On 4 January 2011 09:16, Paul <paul.a at aandc.org> wrote:
> > Happy new year to all.
> >
> > Q: How do I edit our "Library Code" (koha-admin / branches / modify
> > library), please? It does not appear in an editable text-box.
> >
> > [we originally - and erroneously - entered our code with the "Canadian
> > prefix" Ca, as CaOPIACS, and now need only OPIACS.]
> >
>Hi Paul
>
>Happy new year, the short answer is, you can't. Not in the web
>interface. Because to do so means updating a whole pile of things, the
>borrowers table, items table, accountlines, reserves, the marc in
>biblioitems etc.
>
>Does it actually matter, the description is displayed in most places ... ?

Chris (and Jane),

Thanks for replying, but not what we are looking for. The main reason to
change is that a search at Library and Archives Canada
<http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/illcandir-bin/illsear/l=0/c=1> relies
on "OPIACS" and anyone searching for "CaOPIACS" cannot find us in the ILL
system; also OPIACS is our "authority."

What we have done is to set up a second library called OPIACS (totally
identical to the first CaOPIACS), but now, despite being prompted to delete
the first one, it just will not delete. So the question is - should I just
grep CaOPIACS and replace wherever found, or is there a more elegant and
reliable (non-gui) method?

We do not care at this point about "borrowers table, items table,
accountlines, reserves, etc" because we have reentered all our holdings
(with OPIACS as required in the data) in the second (valid) library after
purging all biblio and item records in the first, and so far have not
entered any patron, budget, etc data -- so there is nothing to lose.

I am sure we'll be purging again; we're in "pre-production mode" and
refining our MarcEdit templates and mappings, and even 20,000 books only
take a couple of minutes to delete and reload (plus zebra cron job.)

Many thanks - Paul