[Koha] NZ Quake

Joann Ransom jransom at library.org.nz
Thu Feb 24 08:32:12 NZDT 2011

Hi Kurt,

Just what Chris said. All my loved ones down that way are safe, but NZ is so
small that we know people down there and affected by the devastation.  The
help from Urban Search and Rescue sent from overseas has been such a Godsend
and hopefully the 300 people who are still missing will be found soon - and
hopefully alive.

Thanks,

Jo.

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 7:28 AM, Chris Cormack <chris at bigballofwax.co.nz>wrote:

> On 24 February 2011 03:48, Kurt Bodling <kbodling at mountvernon.org> wrote:
> > So, how ARE our New Zealand Koha buddies doing post earthquake?
> >

> Hi Kurt
>
> All of the ones I have heard from are safe, and so are their families.
> I think we all know someone who's house or work has been destroyed
> though. A few of the NZ Koha community are working on helping keep
> http://eq.org.nz up to date, along with many many more volunteers. It
> is just a small thing, but hopefully helps people, and it helps us to
> feel useful too.
>
> There is not a lot of good news coming out of Christchurch at the
> moment, with no more survivors found overnight, and 80% of the city
> without reticulated water or sewage still.
>
> I urge anyone who wishes to help to donate via the redcross.
>
> Chris

Joann Ransom RLIANZA
Head of Libraries,
Horowhenua Library Trust.

*Q: Why is this email three sentences or less?
A: http://three.sentenc.es*