[Koha] help writing report

Nora Blake nblake at masslibsystem.org
Thu Feb 24 07:59:23 NZDT 2011

Hi Shelly,

A lot of the schools in our group have success with this:

SELECT surname, firstname, borrowers.borrowernumber, biblio.title,
biblio.author, barcode
FROM issues
LEFT JOIN borrowers using (borrowernumber)
LEFT JOIN items USING (itemnumber)
LEFT JOIN biblio USING (biblionumber)
ORDER BY surname, firstname

Nora

Nora Blake
MassCat Manager
Massachusetts Library System
P.O. Box 241
South Deerfield, MA 01373-0241
413-665-9898 x123
866-MASSCAT (627-7228)
Email: nblake at masslibsystem.org

> Found the anonymizer tool, which worked to clear circulation histories
> from the patron records; however the books in the history are still
> showing up in the report - I don't get it
>

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Nicole Engard wrote:
>
>> The report you shared was looking for collectiontitle and not book
>> title.  So try this:
>>

>> SELECT
>> borrowers.categorycode,borrowers.borrowernumber,borrowers.surname,borrowers.firstname,biblio.title,items.barcode,items.datelastborrowed
>> FROM borrowers LEFT JOIN statistics on
>> (statistics.borrowernumber=borrowers.borrowernumber) LEFT JOIN items
>> on (items.itemnumber = statistics.itemnumber) LEFT JOIN biblio on
>> (biblio.biblionumber = items.biblionumber)   WHERE
>> borrowers.categorycode='3RD'
>>
>> As for clearing a patron's record there is a the anonymizer tool - but
>> I've heard mixed reviews of how it works.
>>
>> Nicole
>>
>> 2011/2/23  <ksckemperman at chartermi.net>:
>>> I am *trying* to create some reports for teacher/library use. What I
>>> need is
>>> a report that will list for each teacher the students names and the
>>> book(s)
>>> they have checked out today.  I'd like it to read something like
>>> this:
>>> borrower category, borrower #, surname, first name, title of book,
>>> barcode,
>>> date checked out
>>> I have written this report, which is getting close to what I want,
>>> but the
>>> title of the book is not coming up (do I have the wrong value for
>>> that
>>> column?) and instead of reporting just the books that are currently
>>> checked
>>> out, the report lists every book in that student's history.  Can
>>> someone
>>> help me to correct it?   I am using the build new reports function
>>> because I
>>> don't really understand the whole SQL thing  :)
>>>
>>> SELECT
>>>
>>> borrowers.categorycode,borrowers.borrowernumber,borrowers.surname,borrowers.firstname,biblioitems.collectiontitle,items.barcode,items.datelastborrowed
>>> FROM borrowers LEFT JOIN statistics on
>>> (statistics.borrowernumber=borrowers.borrowernumber) LEFT JOIN items
>>> on
>>> (items.itemnumber = statistics.itemnumber) LEFT JOIN biblioitems on
>>> (biblioitems.biblioitemnumber = items.biblioitemnumber)   WHERE