[Koha] bulk BiblioAddsAuthorities?

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Feb 22 00:37:22 NZDT 2011

It worked for us after a couple problems were fixed with our data.
The link occurs in the subfield 9 (MARC 21) of the appropriate field
in the biblio. When the field is linked to the authority record, the
number in the authority record's 001 field will appear in $9 (but you
will probably only see the number in editing mode).  If your linking
doesn't work, check the MARC framework to make sure you've got a $9 in
that field.
We had a problem with linking the first couple tries. The problem was
in the 008 field in the authority records.  Position 14 and 15 must be
set to 'a' for the linking to work.
Also,  Koha will automatically create the 001 number in the authority
records.   It will overwrite anything you have in that field, though
my IT wizard (whom I've CC'd just in case he's got any other tricks up
his sleeve) managed to force it to accept our last  import with the
original numbers.

Hope this helps, I'm the librarian half of the team, so the serious IT
stuff is occasionally lost on me.

Elaine
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 7:09 PM, Peter Huerter <pete.huerter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Elaine.  I am in the process of trying your method.
>
> Have you had any problems using link_bibs_to_authorities.pl?  It seems to
> have received some mixed reviews and my initial experiment failed to link
> the new authorities to existing biblios.
>
> E.g.
> http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/koha-bibs-authorities-problem-tp3050690p3050691.html
>
> "If you want a best result, you need to re-implement
> link_bibs_to_authorities.pl with a better matching algorithm"
>
> Did you have to re-implement a better matching algorithm?
>
> Thanks,
> Pete.
>
> (btw I tried to write a script to do what I wanted in my original post and
> found that it is not as easy as I thought.  I found that I could not rely on
> SimpleSearch (and zebra) to find a recently added Authority.  I decided to
> move on after many failed attempts at trying to fix this).

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 ext 36