[Koha] problem with duplicate entries

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Feb 19 09:17:07 NZDT 2011

"Emrys Minnig" <emrysminnig at varndean.co.uk> wrote:
> I had at first suspected bad practise (misuse of the 'back' button)
> to be the cause of our duplicate entries problem in IE7, but then I
> tested it myself.  Upon hitting the 'Save' button on the 'Add MARC
> Record' screen, two biblios would be created with no warning.  It
> almost seemed as if the 'Save' button was receiving a slow
> double-click...
>
> Of course, this was with the first release candidate of Koha 3, so
> I'm not sure if that was a factor.

The thick plottens!  I've seen the two biblios created at the time
that the item is added and it was IE8 on the latest Koha 3.2.
So maybe it's something else in Windows between the browser and
the network connection?  I'll check Windows versions on the machines
I've tested.

Or maybe we're experiencing different Microsoft bugs.  If only we
could study the source code, adapt it to our needs and share it... :-(

Regards,
Past Koha Release Manager (2.0), LMS programmer, statistician, webmaster.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha