[Koha] LibLime and Koha Community

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Fri Feb 18 04:40:38 NZDT 2011

Paul wrote:

> * PTFS/LibLime has a "Harley" release of Koha, that is OpenSource,
> patches have been submitted, I think 50% of them are now in Koha. But it
> is not Koha and unless i'm mistaking, it does not evolve (and is based
> on 3.0.2 version of Koha).

To elaborate, Harley is open source in the sense that you can download
it in the form it was released in May 2010. But as Paul says, no one
is maintaining an evolving public repository for Harley. No patches
are being submitted, no changes are appearing to the version you can
find on LibLime's web site.

I've been helping develop Koha for almost ten years now. My library
has used Koha since 2003 and was a Liblime customer or part of that
time. I can say without hesitation: Use the official version of Koha
at http://www.koha-community.org. That's where the community is. And
you want to be where the community is!

  -- Owen

--