[Koha] ItemType icons and "biblio vs biblioitems" revisited (sorry)

hansbkk at gmail.com hansbkk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 03:48:34 NZDT 2011

Aha, getting clearer, thanks so much!

Well, I expect that the biblio records will be getting updated
frequently, and since I also plan to use virtual shelves (lists) and
have members using tagging, item-level item-types seem the way to go
rather than duplicate biblios, right?

Plus (correct me if I'm wrong) this eliminates my having to choose for

Back to icons then, is there a good biblio-level field to indicate in
the search results (ideally with an icon) that a given biblio has
available (child items with) format A only, or formats A+B or A+C?
Fortunately there aren't that many possible combinations. . .

I don't mean Koha calculating this from the child item records, the
biblio-level field's value could be hard-coded in the MARC before
importing, and updated as new-format version items get added later on.