[Koha] problem with duplicate entries

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Feb 17 23:57:10 NZDT 2011

Emrys Minnig wrote:
> Kate Jones wrote:
> > (1) Duplicate entries.  When I am creating new catalogue entries, I
> > often find I get a 'double' entry, so that I end up with a biblio record
> > with holdings, and one without.  I then have to go back and delete the
> > extra entry, otherwise it shows up on catalogue searches as having 'no
> > items' which is confusing for people using the catalogue.  This happens
> > when I'm accessing my Koha server via a network; when I have the chance
> > to catalogue straight on to the server, it doesn't happen, so presumably
> > it's a network issue, but can anyone suggest a way of avoiding this
> > problem?
>
> Regarding (1): have you been using Internet Explorer when
> cataloguing?  IE is unsupported for the staff interface and has been
> known to add duplicate biblios.  Firefox is recommended.

I had the opportunity to look at someone's computer that was making
duplicates a while ago, as well as create an unduplicated new record
with my laptop on their network connection (thereby eliminating
"network issue" - a cache doing something stupid, most likely).

My current suspicion is that Google Toolbar (installed site-wide by
their IT department) causing duplicates somehow, rather than IE8.  Can
anyone confirm or refute that?

Sorry if this is now moot!
Past Koha Release Manager (2.0), LMS programmer, statistician, webmaster.
Available for hire for Koha work http://www.software.coop/products/koha