[Koha] 3.1 data into 3.2 database?

Tom Hanstra tom at nd.edu
Wed Feb 16 06:51:01 NZDT 2011

I've inherited a MySQL database export from a 3.1 version of Koha. I
need to load this data into a locally hosted version of Koha.

Is there going to be a good way to load that data into a 3.2 database?
Or am I going to have to install a 3.1 version of Koha in order to load
the data and then look to upgrade the software to a 3.2 version? What
is the best way to address such a situation?

Also, might there be database changes made for minor revisions? Would I
need to get the exact version of Koha in order to load the 3.1 data or
would the last available version of 3.1 be sufficient should I need to
downgrade?

Thanks,
Tom

Thomas A. Hanstra                        Systems Administrator
Hesburgh Libraries of Notre Dame         Phone: (574)631-4686
213 Hesburgh Library                     Email: hanstra at nd.edu
Notre Dame, IN  46556

         Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends.
     We're so glad you could attend.  Come inside, come inside...     ELP