[Koha] zebra not rebuilding

sbergeon sbergeon at encephalon.com
Tue Feb 15 03:52:39 NZDT 2011

These (KOHA_CONF and PERL5LIB) are Environment Variables, used by the Unix shell and processes executed under that shell. Assuming you're using some form of *nix (debian, fedora, etc), and that your shell is bash, the easiest way to set environment variables is to put the 'export' lines listed in your bash startup files.

For example, a bash shell user will have a '.bashrc' file in their home directory, which is often '/home/yourusername'. As soon as you log in, try doing 'ls -la' and locate .bashrc. Edit or create .bashrc to place the 'export' lines, then log out and back in. After logging back in try running the 'env' command and verify that the variables (KOHA_CONF and PERL5LIB) are now set.

These lines won't work as-is in cron because cron does not run a shell. Cron jobs should be shell scripts or programs that provide their own environment information.