[Koha] Jacket images for DVDs

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Thu Feb 10 09:47:46 NZDT 2011

Le 09/02/2011 10:53, Magnus Enger a écrit :

 > Amazon probably has a lot of DVD cover art, I think the main problem
 > is how to find it. For books there are ISBNs, but I don't think there
 > are similar IDs for DVDs that would work the same way, or that are
 > regularly entered into bibliographic records?

 > An alternative to using an ID is searching by title, but that will
 > soon become messy, with different DVDs having the same title, new
 > versions of old titles etc.

Now, Koha get book covers from Amazon building an Amazon URL based on
Book ISBN-10. Even ISBN-13 have to be converted into ISBN-10 in order to
retrieve images from Amazon.

Using Amzon API, as web services, it would be possible to retrieve
images for other items than books: DVD, CD, electronic devices, shoes...
DVD biblio records have an EAN and it's possible to send a REST request
to AWS (Amazon Web Service) and get back DVD image.

The documentation is here:

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/advertising/api/detail/main.html

But as usual, with Amazon, we don't know exactly what are their services
usage rights and restrictions. And they can change at any time.

--
Frédéric DEMIANS
http://www.tamil.fr/u/fdemians.html